Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. By practicing proper oral hygiene, you can ensure the health and the overall appearance of your smile. Here are a few things that your dentist wants you to know about keeping your smile healthy:
- Periodontal disease is a serious oral health condition that can eventually lead to tooth loss. One of the best things you can do to prevent gum disease is by using proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- At Amberwood Dental Centre, our dentists recommend extra soft to soft bristles for your toothbrush. Gently move the toothbrush in small circular motions across the front and back surfaces of your teeth and use back and forth movements for the chewing surfaces of your teeth when you brush. Most importantly, make sure you clean all of your teeth’s surfaces.
- It is important to floss regularly. Start by inserting the floss gently in one of your teeth’s crevices and continue wrap it into a “C” shape around your finger. Then, repeatedly guide the floss up and down the side of your tooth. Make sure to clean both surfaces of every tooth.
- After you have brushed or flossed your teeth, it is essential that you are able to rinse away all of the plaque that you have loosened during the cleaning process.
- Last but not least, make an appointment with our office every three to six months for a routine cleaning and examination with your dentist.
Let your dentist help you to feel confident about your smile. Come and see a dentist at Amberwood Dental Centre today to get started.