Your teeth require regular, detailed cleaning to ensure great oral health and as little damage as possible. When it comes to daily brushing and flossing, here are some things to remember and add to your brushing and teeth cleaning routine to get your teeth as thoroughly cleaned as possible:
- Use the right technique. Many people go through the motion of brushing their teeth morning and night, but for brushing to be effective, the proper technique is key. Using different angles, such as a 45-degree angle to your gums, and a combination of horizontal and vertical strokes in hard-to-reach areas will help reduce plaque buildup.
- Use the right brush. Using a toothbrush that is too big for your mouth will prevent you from getting those small, hard-to-reach areas.
- Clean and change your tooth brush as needed. Using the same brush for too long without proper cleaning can lead to bacteria growth and other problems.
- Use mouthwash. This is a great step to remember during teeth cleaning, as a quality mouthwash helps clean debris and other particles from spaces in your mouth that a toothbrush and floss can’t reach.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue. Many people forget to thoroughly scrape and clean the tongue, and bacteria can remain there after brushing.
Remember these five tips to get the most out of your regular brushing and teeth cleaning. Be sure to call Amberwood Dental Centre with any questions or to schedule an appointment for professional teeth cleaning.