It is recommended that when your child receives their first tooth or by their first or second birthday, it is time to visit a dentist for the first time. Finding a good children’s dentistry practice that provides good care for your child’s teeth while making the experience comfortable can be hard to find. You want to ensure that your child is comfortable at the children’s dentistry practice you choose because it sets the stage for a lifetime of healthy teeth. Here are some qualities you will want to look for when choosing a good children’s dentistry practice for your family.
- Look for a children’s dentistry practice that employs a well recommended pediatric dentist.
- Ensure that the children’s dentistry practice is child friendly. The more welcoming the environment is for your child, the more at ease they will be when they go in for their appointment.
- Choose a practice that covers all the bases. A good practice will perform:
- Oral exams and risk assessment for cavities.
- Knowledge of dealing with habits such as teeth grinding, thumb sucking, or extended pacifier use.
- Preventative dental care including cleaning, repairing of tooth cavities, and prevention of gum disease.
- Assessment for orthodontics.
- Care of broken, displaced, or knocked-out teeth.
- Use of sedation for children with anxiety.
- Let your child come into the children’s dentistry practice to look at the office and meet the dentist. Notice if your dentist is friendly and accessible and has a good attitude with your child. A dentist that connects with your child is more likely to make them feel at ease throughout their appointment.
If you are looking for a children’s dentistry practice in Newmarket, ON, visit us at Amberwood Dental Centre. We promise to do everything we can to make you and your child feel right at home!