A normal timeframe to be making an appointment with your dentist for a routine cleaning and examination is every six months, but sometimes problems arise between cleanings. Here are some situations where it’s a good idea to schedule an appointment with our office:
- One of the more common and obvious reasons to go see your dentist is if you have a toothache. A few things can cause a toothache and the best way to know how to remedy it is by seeing your dentist.
- If your teeth are sensitive to hot or cold substances it’s a good idea to see a dentist. Usually, sensitivity is caused by tooth decay and the sooner you get it treated by your dentist, the better.
- If your gums are inflamed or swollen, you need to see your dentist as soon as possible. Gums become inflamed when plaque builds up beneath them and if left untreated, this plaque can lead to gingivitis or periodontitis.
- If you consistently wake up with headaches, you might be grinding your teeth in your sleep. Your dentist can make you a mouth guard that will protect your teeth from grinding and prevent associated headaches.
- Go see your dentist if you are experiencing a sore jaw. A sore jaw could be a sign of a TMJ disorder.
At Amberwood Dental Centre, we are ready to help you with any of your dental needs. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, make an appointment with our office by giving us a call.