Dental Hygienist, Newmarket, ON
We know you will love our dental hygienist team at Amberwood Dental Centre in Newmarket, ON.
Dental Hygienist in Newmarket – While it is obviously important to choose a dental centre based on the expertise and quality of the dentists, it is also important to look at the quality of the dental hygienist. It may even be more important, since you’ll likely spend an hour twice a year with them as they conduct your teeth cleaning.
There are few traits that will make those visits more enjoyable, and we believe our dental hygienist staff members at Amberwood Dental Centre in Newmarket, ON have these traits.
- Friendliness – Our Amberwood Dental Hygienist team prides themselves on providing a thorough cleaning, and will help to answer any questions about flossing, brushing, maintaining fresh breath, and white teeth. Dental hygiene is our specialty, and we work with our Dentists to look after your oral health. We love our jobs, and this shows everyday.
- Competence – A dental hygienist must be so well-trained and experienced that they know the procedures so well they could do them with their eyes closed. Don’t worry, they won’t try that, but you’ll notice their competency in their confident nature, which will make you feel more relaxed and confident, as well.
- Communication – A qualified dental hygienist will ask questions because they need to know your oral habits and other information that will help them provide you with the best care possible. Inevitably, some of those questions may come at an inopportune time when it is difficult for you to speak, but they are pretty good at understanding mumbles, so have no fear!
- Thorough – As much as you might like to have a quick, ten-minute cleaning, your dental hygienist will take the time to perform the best job possible, so you can be assured your teeth are as clean as they can get. They will also take the time to answer any questions you have and provide instruction and advice about oral health procedures you do at home.
We are here to bring out the best in your smile!
Is it time for you to schedule a teeth cleaning?
How to Be Prepared for Your Visit with a Dental Hygienist
If you are like most people, the best brushing and flossing you ever do is just before you go out the door to go see your dental hygienist. That is certainly one step to being prepared for your visit, but there are other things that you can do so that you can have the best possible visit.
- List of Questions or Concerns: Whether you write them out, make a note in your smartphone, or keep them in your mind, having a list handy of concerns you might have for your dental hygienist is a good way to prepare. You’ll want to mention any bleeding, pain, sensitivity, sores, or other conditions you have noticed.
- List of Medications and Supplements: Your dental record includes this information because some dietary supplements and prescription medications can cause dry mouth. In addition, if you are taking blood thinners, your dental hygienist will need to know that. You’ll also want to update your medical history, as some medical problems can increase your risk of cavities and other dental concerns.
- Be Open to Discussing Improvements: The dental industry is like any other in that new products and research can make oral hygiene more effective and easier. Don’t hesitate to ask your dental hygienist if there is anything you could be doing to improve your oral health.
- Have Identification and Payment Information: You will need to show these when you visit your dental hygienist or discuss any financing that is available if you need more extensive dental work than an exam and cleaning.
We couldn't be more pleased.
“My children see Dr. Segall, and we couldn't be more pleased. He is phenomenal with my kids, and we feel so lucky that they love going to the dentist. The admin staff and hygienists are amazing!”
★★★★★ Andrea R.